Friday, March 6, 2009

Mmmm yummy

Before the big news- a little update. My baby has his first crush. He is head over heels for the baby on the wipe box. Whenever I change him I put the wipes right next to his head and he just stares/talks to that baby. It's quite adorable.

Now, the toughest thing about raising a baby is that they all develop differently. There is no "set-in-stone" time to accomplish things. So when I tried to research starting cereal I found about 300 different opinions. There are moms who start babies at 6 weeks. There are moms who swear- only breast milk til 6 months. I think I knew, in my mommy gut that he was ready. I tested just a plain baby spoon in his mouth and he didn't push it out with his tongue. He has been an "assisted sitter" for weeks now, he shows interest in our food when he eats, and he has been nursing every 2 hours- it's getting exhausting. He's a big boy and a big eater. I wanted to give it a go. On the cereal box it has "1st feeding" instructions which basically tell you to (super)water it down with breast milk. It basically looked like very barely thickened milk. I only had him try a few baby spoonfuls but it went pretty well.

Not sure he liked the taste at first...

Then I just let him play with the spoon for a little bit...

No comments: