Friday, April 24, 2009

My other "baby"...

I try to keep this blog light and silly most of the time but today I'm feeling really sentimental. My little brother turns 16 this weekend...holy sh!t. (Jake- I'm sorry if you read this and I embarrass you, lol.) I remember the day that he was born. I called him (jokingly) my baby when he was growing up because we were so far apart in age. I feel like he was still a little baby just a few years ago. I can NOT believe how fast he's growing up. People laughed when he got as tall as me but I still tried to pick him up to hug him. Now he's like 8 feet tall, an uncle and going to learn to drive. I just couldn't stop thinking about it today when I looked at Justin and I got a little choked up. What if my "real" baby grows up just as fast? =(

In Justin update news- feeding time is going well still. This kid LOVES food. I'm really loving making his baby food. It's fun now that he eats a few things and I can make little mixes (like for breakfast he had pear-banana oatmeal...yuuuum!)
So far the "Mmmm yummy list"= Sweet potatoes, Oatmeal, avacado, banana, pear & apple. So far on the "gag/spit it out list"= peas.

No comments: