Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kale Chips


I was reading a list of "Top 10 foods you should be eating but aren't" on msn the other day. The 1 food that on the list we really don't eat was Kale. Turns out that Kale is a Super-Veggie! It has loads of calcium, iron, Vit A, Vit B, Vit K and nutrients that help fight cancer. Here the low down; Kale looks like a large bouquet of spinach, they sell it at Wegmans (2.99- a little pricey I thought) and it's the "green stuff" in that Zuppa Toscana at Olive Garden!

I found an easy recipe online, Kale Chips! You wash & dry the kale and cut into potato chip sized pieces. Spray it with a little Olive Oil spray- sprinkle with coarse salt and bake for 8 mins at 375. Easy! It was a total fail. I should say that all the adults in my house loved it! I made Kale chips with my lunch 3x last week. They bake into this crisp/flaky texture and it totally freaked Justin out. As soon as he tried to bite down it kind of "shattered" and he was over it. Oh well...

2 comments:

jessie4ann said...

I am sorry to hear it did not work for Justin, but it has peaked my interest and I think I am going to try it for myself! I have heard Kale is super good for you but have not found a way to incorporate it into my eating habits - these chips sound good though!

Unknown said...

MMM these were so good!!