Friday, May 21, 2010

Veggie Omelette Cups

We gardened all day yesterday, then I was up until about midnight painting new "markers" for the vegetables. I was totally exhausted. Usually, Justin is up around 7:30, so this morning when I heard, "Mama? Mama? Hellllo?" at 6:25, I could barely scrape myself out of bed. These are the mornings when I love having Veggie Omelette Cups handy. It's super important to me that Justin & Jody have a "real" breakfast every morning but sometimes it's just not an option for me to stand there and dice veggies before the sun comes up.
I made a batch 2 days ago (they tend to "fall" quickly so excuse the ugly picture)

After these bake & cool, they can go right into a ziploc in the fridge. You can microwave them all week! I used to make them in mini-muffin cups when Justin used his fingers. My sister-in-law told me she made them in little heart shaped pans- Cute!!! This is a also a way to use up any small amount of random vegetable you have in the fridge.
My mix was; 6 eggs, 1/4c milk, couple pinches of cheddar cheese and lots of FINELY chopped veggies. This batch had; onion, red pepper, green pepper, broccoli, spinach, carrot and even some hashbrown potatoes I had leftover from a previous breakfast. I sprayed muffin tins w. olive oil spray and poured the mix in. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

Today's Breakfast

3 Veggie Omelette Cups w. 7 veggies
1 small banana
Peach Danonino Yogurt
.

No comments: