Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yogurt Meals

When I saw that YoBaby was making "meals", I thought- jackpot! Justin loves, loves yogurt. He stands by the fridge begging for it every morning. The only problem was that they're $1 a piece. It may not seem like a lot but for a kid that eats yogurt every.single.day, that's $30 a month! I usually buy Justin whatever yogurt is on sale, without a crazy amount of sugar. This week I steamed some green beans and pureed them in the magic bullet w. a few slices of raw apples. (This would be great to do w. left over baby food you may have!) When he begs for his vanilla yogurt- I just add a big scoop of the puree (which stays good in the fridge for days) & stir to make our own "yogurt meal". He doesn't even notice! Gotta love extra veggies at breakfast!

Today's breakfast:
Wheat toast w. peanut butter
Homemade "yogurt meal" (vanilla w. green bean & apple)
Sliced fresh pears and strawberries

1 comment:

Melissa said...

THIS is a good idea.. I was just ranting yesterday how Eve will NOT eat veggies.. I think even I could handle this.. and if its pureed.. she might not notice (i tried stick a couple pieces of corn in her yogurt.. she immediately spit it out).
I might try buying the yobaby meals first before I go through the effort of making my own, cuz you know, I'm LAZY.