Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Alright, so not anymore but we did get snow last night. Don't get me wrong I am not a big snow fan. I like this very first dusting and then snow on Xmas. I think it's so peaceful and pretty with just a light snow on everything. Every year I make a big deal out of the 1st snow. I just stare out the window and make Jody snuggle because it's romantic to me. I have to admit I felt optimistic last night. I was thinking, this is it- this would be the perfect moment, the "magic" of the 1st snow! Cue the water breaking! Yup- nothing. I have my "non stress test"/fetal monitoring at 1:30 today and then an exam. I'll post an update when I get back.

I just wanted to C&P an email I got and plug a good website. I am on thebump and babycenter everyday. Both of those websites are set up for me to "have a newborn" and I get all kinds of reminders/emails about my new baby. It's depressing that they assume everyone gets their baby on time. However, I get a daily "what to expect while you're expecting" email and there has not been 1 mention of a newborn. It's comforting. I don't know...being overdue makes you even weirder =)
The big due date came, but your baby didn't. Don't feel bad; you (and your baby) are in good company. Fifty percent of expectant moms don't deliver before their due dates, and ten percent have pregnancies that last 42 weeks (or longer). By now, your practitioner has probably discussed labor induction with you, but that doesn't mean that you won't still go into labor on your own; some babies just need to take their time.

No comments: