Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm an aunt again...and an aunt again!

Woohoo! Kelly had her twins yesterday! She had a c-section schedule for 9/10 because one baby was feet down. The babies did not want to be told when to come so they picked their own birthdays. Linda called Jody around 1:30 and he, of course, called me right away- all excited that the babies would be here soon. It was a hurry up and wait kind of afternoon- they kept telling us, "15 more minutes" or "30 more minutes". At 2:58 the little peanuts were born at 35wks 3 days. Actually they're not peanuts at all! The 1st baby was a girl, Reese White and weighed 6lbs 8 oz. Reese looks JUST like her big sister Avery. The 2nd baby was a boy, Rory White and he weighed 6lbs 0 oz. The middle names are still being decided. Even though they are big healthy twins they had to go to the NICU for observation/tests. It kind of stunk b/c we had to go see them in small groups. By the time it was my "shift" the nurse was shoo-ing everyone out b/c the babies needed rest- I guess they weren't letting people take a lot of pics either =( The babies have these little domes over their faces with mist and oxygen to help their little lungs and they have little feeding tubes for now. I promise to post pics when I get them. Kelly is doing great. She was a little sleepy and shakey but good. I felt bad b/c she was in recovery for 3 hours and hadn't even really got to see the babies yet. I guess that typical of a c-section especially with preemies.

Seeing the twins makes me really hope that Justin goes full term (at least 37wks) so that he doesn't need all those NICU precautions. I'm too nervous of a person for that, lol. It was SO different. When Avery was born we all got to hold her and pass her around- she was right in the room with Kelly. Oh well, all that matters is that my little niece and nephew are here- they are adorable and they are healthy. What a happy day!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Aww. Congrats Auntie! I love the names Reese and Rory too!