Sunday, August 31, 2008

People are silly

"The first year of marriage is the hardest"
"Marriage changes everything"


We heard it all and I want to go on record and say I think it's a load of baloney! Today is our 1 year anniversary! YAY! I seriously cannot believe a year went by so quickly. I can honestly say that our 1st year of marriage was amazing. Jody is the most caring, generous, loving husband I could ever ask for. (The man sleeps on the couch so his giant pregnant wife can spread out with 800 pillows and get a good night's sleep.) I hope Justin grows up to be just like his daddy.

I try not to get too mushy but married life is just the best. As husband and wife we went to Tahiti, Miami, Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Disney World. We worked hard to continue fixing up our little home. We hosted our first big holiday. Last week we met our brand new niece and nephew. Now we have our sweet little baby on the way in just 2 months! Not everything went perfect for us on an individual basis this year (jobs, cars, bills...Sophie, lol) but we were ALWAYS there for each other. No matter how horrible the day was seeing him always made me feel so much better.

I know a lot of people that read this blog are already married and probably doing just fine without my advice. I just want to say one thing- then get off my little soapbox. The 1st year of marriage is what you make of it. Remember that you are "on the same team" so support each other in everything. Go out of your way to do nice little things for each other; kiss in the grocery store, pack him a lunch with a love note in it, rub her back, let her sit on your lap and cry even if it's for the most ridiculous reason. Ugh- hormones are making me weepy so I'll wrap this up.

Happy Anniversary to us and many, many more!

2 comments:

julie&norm said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Melissa said...

This is so sweet.. And you know what, i needed to read this today.. I was having a little loss of faith in marriage (not my own, don't worry!).. and you really helped me bring it back.. Thank you! Crap.. now I'm weepy and hormonal!
Happy Anniversary!