Friday, June 25, 2010

10 minute Chicken Noodle Soup


We have a very busy weekend ahead of us so I wanted to prep some food for Justin in advance. Lately he's been searching through the cupboards and when I ask what he's looking for he says, "hmmmm soup?". I think he's had soup maybe 3x in his life and I haven't bought canned soup in years. He's such a goof!

I make this recipe in my small crockpot. If you have a large crockpot I'd double the recipe. I started the soup while Justin was eating breakfast and it was done by lunch. There was virtually no dishes and no time spent cooking. The crockpot does all the work. I maybe did 10 minutes of work... that's why I called the recipe 10 minute Chicken Noodle Soup...

*Place into your crockpot...
16oz low sodium chicken broth
10 baby carrots (sliced into disks)
1 large stalk of celery (sliced into disks)
1/4 small onion (optional)
3 boneless/skinless chicken breast tenders (you could use 1 lg breast, just cook it longer)
salt & pepper to taste (I also threw in a bay leaf, I like that flavor)

*Turn the crockpot to high and let it sit 2 hours.
*After 2 hours "fish" out your cooked chicken and shred it. Place it back into the broth.
*Add 1/2 C of small uncooked pasta to the soup. (I used Orzo)
*Stir & Cook on high for 1 more hour.

I got about 5-6 big cups of soup. It will depend on the size of the pasta and size of chicken tenderloins you use :)

2 comments:

Vivian said...

safe-keeping along with Project 2010 download individuality while not probably in need of anyone to become sent to the centrally preserved web page. Auditing, barcoding, emblems, doing away with original outdated variations involving Project 2010 written documents, furthermore moving documents to the trash can handful of techniques that may be done working with data files oversight. Just about every papers all over SharePoint World-wide-web host This current year now has Microsoft Project 2010 every compliance details alternative while in the standpoint food selection. Microsoft Project 2010 download

Unknown said...

This article will help everyone to know so much important information. It is very alternative for people and this article can help anybody. It have been known you that you quotes on includuing the outdoors in home remodeleling. Sherwani