Thursday, June 10, 2010

Orzo with feta

I am really trying hard to get Justin to like pasta. It is such a cheap, easy, versatile food and one of Jody's favorites. I've baked Orzo (those little football shaped pasta) before and watched him eat it so I decided to invent a new little recipe. I LOVE feta cheese, a tiny bit gives a ton of flavor and I usually have it in my fridge for salads. Plus broc-ca (broccoli) is always a winner when I'm cooking for Justin. Next time I'm going to toss in some shredded chicken and see if he notices!

Note the funny shape of the pasta "patty"? I baked his lunch in these Wilton Halloween baking pans (Jack O Latern shaped) because they make perfect patties! Larger and more shallow than a cupcake tin :)

In a bowl mix;
1/2 C cooked orzo (you can boil it in broth for extra flavor, if you want)
1/3 C cooked broccoli, diced tiny.
1/2 an egg (save the other half for breakfast I guess)
1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
a few shakes of salt & pepper

Pour into sprayed muffin tins and bake for 12-14 mins at 375

No comments: