Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fruity Pancake Bites

Aww crap, it's been a week! I promise to start updating this more often. We had an awesome memorial day, actually it was like a 4 day long picnic so I was barely in by my computer. I did however come up with a good use for some leftover fruit salad.

Here's a little fruit salad I made with peaches, bananas & strawberries.
Next to it is a batch of pancake batter I made. You could do it from a mix, if you like. I've tested about 10 from scratch recipes and Jody just LOVES this recipe --> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fluffy-Pancakes-2/Detail.aspx
*Note- you may notice the 1st step (mixing milk w. vinegar) seems strange. It's how you make homemade buttermilk. It is SO much cheaper than buying it and you have no buttermilk leftovers expiring in the fridge.


Ok, so you heat a pan like you normally would for pancakes. Dip each piece of fruit into the batter and lay it in the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes and flip, cook other side.
Voila! They're cute, they're fruit and they make an awesome finger food!

No comments: