Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Popsicles

I know I've said it before but if you have kids you should definitely invest in a magic bullet food processor! They're less than $50 and I've used it at least a hundred times in the last 19 months, including making all fresh baby food.

Justin & I were in the dollar store and noticed those "make your own Popsicle" molds. When we got home I threw...

*1 small ripe banana
*6 big strawberries (chopped)
*1/4 cup Vanilla yogurt

...into the magic bullet. It made 6 Popsicles. Think about the numbers. It's about 15 cents for 1 banana, 50 cents for the strawberries and 30 cents for the yogurt. 95 cents! You couldn't get a box of popsicles for that, especially popsicles made with fresh fruit. They took a few hours to freeze but after his nap he had a delicious (tasted like the Edy's "creamy" fruit bars) and boy did he love them :)

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I still give Ryan blueberries in the mesh feeder, I bet he would love these!

Nicole said...

after searching 3 different dollar stores, wegmans and target I FINALLY found some popsicles molds! (I swear I saw them every where a month or so ago)
I used plain yogurt, and planned on adding a little maple syrup for sweetness, but w/ all the sweet berries it didn't even need it! They are in the freezer right now... I know Evan will love them!