Thursday, July 31, 2008

Discontinued R' Us...

Is what they should really call Babies R' Us. Every baby product comes in 700 models, 600 colors and 200 colors. It is SO hard to choose economical, safe, cute baby products. Jody calls me the "worst decision maker ever" because it takes me forever to make big decisions. I'm just trying to avoid buyers remorse =) I went back several times to the store to look at the travel systems to make sure I got "the one". We registered about 8 weeks ago after we confirmed Justin's little weenie. I felt so accomplished. I did a ton of internet research, asked friends/internet strangers tons of questions and even spent 1/2 an hour with some sweaty guy in babies R Us getting a "how to pick a stroller lesson" (with my husband and sister- thanks guys!). 3 trips to Babies R Us later, our registry was complete and I felt satisfied. Then 2 weeks ago I get an email; our walker, washcloths, teething rings and a few toys were being discontinued and would be available (for a limited time with limited availability) online only. The walker was already not available for purchase the night I got the email. Now today another email comes; our bottles and stoller are being discontinued too. Ugh! WTF?!? Our travel system/stroller was our "big registry item". They are probably just debuting some f'ugly new pattern. Doesn't a store all about babies realize they are pissing off a very irritable population of women?!?

No comments: