Saturday, July 26, 2008

Nursery

I promised a certain little auntie-to-be that I would update this more often so I'm even going to blog on a Saturday. Plus, I'm up early and excited so I can't get back to sleep. Today I get to start Justin's nursery! I get a daily "what to expect while you're expecting" email. Last week sometimes it was like, " As you near the end of the 2nd trimester, it's time to tie up those loose ends. Make your decision on a pediatrician and put those last few touches on your nursery." Last few touches?!?!? Oh crap, I haven't even started. (Besides keeping a desktop file of nursery "inspiration pictures" I like. ) For the past 2 years the nursery has been "that" room in our house. You know, the one where you put wedding or Xmas gifts you're not quite sure what to do with. It has my VHS and cook book collections. It was pretty much the room where we just closed the door when company came over. We didn't want to start decorating it until we got new non-1950's-rattling windows. Well, today my Dad is coming over so he and Jody can install the windows. Woohoo! Score 2 points for the daddy-to-be, #1- the windows and #2 yesterday he brought me home the most gorgeous, huge bouquet of pink Gerber daisies as a surprise. What a guy!

No comments: