Thursday, July 24, 2008

Times are tough... I know, I know.

I'm so sick of hearing about how bad the economy is. I'm sick of prices on EVERYTHING going up. It's kind of depressing. I would love to be able to stay home once Justin is born but I just cant see anyone being able to do that these days. Even working part-time is looking like it will be tight sometimes. It just doesn't seem fair to families. At least on the bright side I have a very optimistic and financially responsible husband who makes me feel better. If he says that our little family will be okay, I believe him. I would believe him even more if we won the lottery and/or he robbed a bank.

Speaking of husbands, Jody is going to be the cutest daddy ever. He has lots to learn but I have faith in him. 2 nights ago I was watching "Jon and Kate plus 8" (and Jody was doing that thing where he pretends to read/not watch my shows but secretly likes them). We both can't stand Kate so Jody takes any opportunity to rip on her parenting that he can. So, Kate is changing one of the boys diapers and Jody was like, "Ha ha! Sheesh how old is that kid?". So I tell Jody, "Probably about 2, maybe 2 and a half." Then I explained to him that it was totally normal for kids to be still getting potty trained at that age and that boys typically take longer to learn. His eyes got all big and he was like "What?! Oh man, you have to change diapers for 2 YEARS...holy crap!" Awww men. Don't you just want to pinch their lil cheeks sometimes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jake and I watch John and Kate plus 8 all the time! We both hate Maddy..one of the twins